As the header implies, my name is Daan den Hartog and I’m a 25 year old video game developer. My engine and language of choice is Unity3D and C#, but I like to dabble in other languages like Python to create fun little side-projects. Although programming in a dark room while rambling about design patterns is what I do best, I love discussing and dissecting game design. In May 2016 I graduated the study ‘Game design and development’ at the HKU University of the Arts Utrecht. In September 2017 I started the master study Game and Media Technology at Utrecht University, but after 6 months I dropped out because of the absence of the social and creative aspect of games. Since October 2018 I’ve been working as a Unity developer at Paladin Studios.
So far my experiences include, but are not limited to:
- - 6 years of working in a C# environment
- - 5.5 years of working with Unity Pro
- - 5 years of Object Oriented Programming
- - 2.5 years of working with Git
- - 1 year of working with the XNA/Monogame library
- - 1 year of working in a HTML/CSS/PHP/MySQL framework
When I do manage to get out my room and do something else besides programming, it usually involves techno and/or festivals. Other loves of mine include Pokémon, Warmachine figurines and trying to finally finish my IMDB watchlist.